Going it alone isn't a fan favorite among Wall Street investment professionals, who say the risks of not working with a pro are both real and risky. But if do-it-yourself investors can bring these money management tenets to the table, their chances of portfolio profit are better than the money mavens think.
Buffett does his own homework, too.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- It's Too Late to Buy Bitcoin
- Bitcoin Is More Revolutionary Than the Internet: Overstock Exec
- Gold Prices Are Headed to $10,000 With This Ammo About to Ignite
- Learn From My Portfolio Mistakes: Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap (Monday 11/27/17)
- Amazon's Stock Ironically Just Blasted Into Major Buy Territory on Cyber Monday