Last chance for Drew Brees to get a ring?
Sunday's wildcard action kicks-off with a highly anticipated match-up between the Saints and Vikings. The Superdome will have plenty of rabid fans of Who-Dat Nation who are still sour over last year's non-pass interference call in the NFC Championship and the Minneapolis Miracle that Stefon Diggs pulled off to end the Saints season two years ago in the NFC Divisional Round.
The New Orleans Saints won the NFC South and finished with a 13-3 record, the same record as the 49ers and Packers. But both Green Bay and San Francisco had the tie-breaker advantage over the Sean Payton coached squad and thus earned the first round bye. Which leaves New Orleans to host the Vikings over Wildcard Weekend. Minnesota finished with a 10-6 record but closed out the season on a two game losing skid.
Saints quarterback Drew Brees broke the NFL's all-time touchdown record this year and finished the season strong throwing 15 touchdowns in the last four games. But he turns 41 years old at the end of this month which causes some to believe this may be his last chance for another Super Bowl ring.
Saints Maven Kyle Mosley joined Bull Market Fantasy and discussed the possibility of this being Brees' final season in the NFL. Mosley was joined by Vikings Maven Will Ragatz who admitted it will be a tough task for the Vikings to come out victorious in New Orleans, citing Minnesota may need another "miracle" to get the win.
Here's some more interesting facts, figures, and nuggets about these two teams courtesy of the NFL:
- MIKE ZIMMER has won eight-or-more games in five of his six seasons as Vikings head coach, including two playoff berths and at least 10 wins twice over the past three years.
- SEAN PAYTON has guided the Saints to a division title for a third consecutive season, the longest streak in franchise history.
- Saints wide receiver MICHAEL THOMAS (149) broke the single-season receptions record held by Pro Football Hall of Famer MARVIN HARRISON (143).
- New Orleans quarterback DREW BREES is the NFL’s all-time leader in passing yards (77,416) and touchdown passes (547). In 15 career postseason games, Brees owns a 100.0 passer rating, having completed 408 of 615 passes (66.3 percent), with 33 touchdown passes.
- Vikings quarterback KIRK COUSINS is the only quarterback with at least 25 touchdown passes in each of the past five seasons.
- Minnesota wide receiver STEFON DIGGS, who caught a 61-yard touchdown to beat the Saints in the 2017 NFC Divisional playoffs, posted a career-best 1,130 receiving yards in 2019.
- The Saints’ CAMERON JORDAN (15.5) and the Vikings’ DANIELLE HUNTER (14.5) ranked third and tied for fourth, respectively, in sacks this season.