Ed Harrison joins Max Wiethe to discuss the potentially negative jobs data that Ed is watching out for later this week.
- Jobs data being released this week could signal that the economy is rolling over and growth is decelerating.
- Markets traded mostly flat on the day despite today’s data, but if we get a negative jobs number on Friday, the bond market is likely to react.
- The reversal we’re already seeing in the data may accelerate further once virus cases from Thanksgiving are accounted for, which may lead to a robust rollover of growth in the U.S. going forward.
- Economic pain will come mainly from four sources: consumer pullback, lockdown mandates, job losses, and risk of a government shutdown/government programs expiring.
- If there’s a negative jobs number this Friday and the government shuts down the following Friday, the equity market will most certainly react.
Brought to you by: www.realvision.com