Free Investor Resources from Boardroom Alpha
** Podcast: Know Who Drives Return
** CEO/CFO/Director Moves Newsletter
** Daily SPAC Newsletter
** Full SPAC Listing
With 15 new SPAC IPOs pricing this week October issuance is approaching $10B, the biggest month of issuance since March. The pace of IPO issuance is far outpacing the merger agreement + de-SPAC pace, meaning the oversaturated SPAC market is likely to linger for a bit more time.
That being said, thanks to popular deal announcements with the likes of Trump Media Technology Group (DWAC) and FaZe Clan (BRPM), SPACs appear to be having a moment once more. Pre-Deal SPACs are trading up and many SPACs with announced deals are finally trading at a premium. Couple that with some recent de-SPAC winners in IONQ + LCID and SPAC momentum is back.
Renewed interest is flowing back to the sector and rightfully so, there is value to be had across the spectrum. Below we recap the week's market activity.
Most SPAC IPOs are demanding either overfunded trusts and/or anchor investors in order to get deals priced. That being said, the deals are certainly clearing the market (often upsized), however they are largely trading below NAV on a quick flip.
Oct 29 | $ 10.05 | AEAE - AltEnergy Acquisition Corp
Oct 29 | $ 9.90 | SEDA - SDCL EDGE Acquisition Corp
Oct 28 | $ 10.08 | ARCK - Arbor Rapha Capital Bioholdings Corp. I
Oct 28 | $ 10.04 | CCTS - Cactus Acquisition Corp. 1 Ltd
Oct 28 | $ 9.95 | PEGR - Project Energy Reimagined Acquisition Corp.
Oct 27 | $ 10.07 | USCT - TKB Critical Technologies 1
Oct 27 | $ 10.06 | FIAC - Focus Impact Acquisition Corp.
Oct 27 | $ 10.05 | ADAL - Anthemis Digital Acquisitions I Corp
Oct 27 | $ 10.01 | SCMA - Seaport Calibre Materials Acquisition Corp.
Oct 27 | $ 10.06 | PCCT - Perception Capital Corp. II
Oct 26 | $ 9.98 | OHAA - Opy Acquisition Corp. I
Oct 26 | $ 10.11 | PHYT - Pyrophyte Acquisition Corp.
Oct 26 | $ 10.11 | LVAC - LAVA Medtech Acquisition Corp.
Oct 26 | $ 10.07 | IOAC - Innovative International Acquisition Corp.
Oct 26 | $ 10.06 | DMAQ - Deep Medicine Acquisition Corp.
A light week of merger announcements with just two deals struck this week, highlighted by FaZe Clan striking a deal with B Riley Principal 150 Merger Corp. After getting a nice initial pop (hugely popular on social media) BRPM ebbed a bit to end the week at $10.61.
4 votes are set up for next week and things start heating up later in November as well.
Our latest SPAC podcast features DDMX + Codere Online, whose registration just went effective and cemented 11/18 as their shareholder vote date.
Nov 02 | $ 10.23 | KVSB - Khosla Ventures Acquisition Co. II --> Nextdoor, Inc.
Nov 02 | $ 10.03 | SWBK - Switchback II Corporation --> Bird Rides, Inc.
Nov 02 | $ 10.05 | RTPY - Reinvent Technology Partners Y --> Aurora Innovation, Inc.
Nov 02 | $ 10.09 | MOTN - Motion Acquisition Corp --> Ambulnz, Inc.
Nov 09 | $ 9.99 | NGAB - Northern Genesis Acquisition Corp. II --> Embark Trucks
Nov 12 | $ 10.00 | DFPH - DFP HEALTHC ACQ --> The Oncology Institute
Nov 16 | $ 10.00 | VOSO - Virtuoso Acquisition Corp. --> Wejo
Nov 16 | $ 9.98 | LIII - Leo Holdings III Corp --> Local Bounti Corp
Nov 16 | $ 9.99 | KVSA - Khosla Ventures Acquisition Co --> Valo Health
Nov 18 | $ 9.98 | FORE - Foresight Acquisition Corp. --> P3 Health Partners
Nov 18 | $ 9.98 | DDMX - DD3 Acquisition Corp. II --> Codere Online
Today's Price Action
11.20% ~ $ 12.21 | DCRC - Decarbonization Plus Acquisition Corporation III (Announced)
6.07% ~ $ 11.35 | FTCV - FinTech Acquisition Corp. V (Announced)
5.49% ~ $ 12.50 | XPDI - Power & Digital Infrastructure Acquisition Corp. (Announced)
4.88% ~ $ 10.96 | FPAC - Far Peak Acquisition Corp (Announced)
4.15% ~ $ 10.80 | MCMJ - Merida Merger Corp. I (Announced)
3.91% ~ $ 11.69 | TPGY - TPG Pace Beneficial Finance Corp (Announced)
3.09% ~ $ 10.16 | ALCC - AltC Acquisition Corp. (Pre-Deal)
2.20% ~ $ 10.23 | KVSB - Khosla Ventures Acquisition Co. II (Announced)
2.14% ~ $ 10.52 | SNII - Supernova Partners Acquisition Company II, Ltd. (Announced)
2.04% ~ $ 13.03 | FST - FAST ACQ CP (Announced)
1.98% ~ $ 10.32 | IVAN - Ivanhoe Capital Acquisition Corp (Announced)
1.68% ~ $ 10.29 | CBAH - CBRE Acquisition Holdings, Inc. (Announced)
1.29% ~ $ 12.59 | AGC - Altimeter Growth Corp. (Announced)
1.10% ~ $ 10.98 | CND - Concord Acquisition Corp (Announced)
1.02% ~ $ 9.95 | SVFA - SVF Investment Corp. (Pre-Deal)
1.00% ~ $ 10.10 | HCIC - Hennessy Capital Investment Corp. V (Announced)
.94% ~ $ 10.09 | MOTN - Motion Acquisition Corp (Announced)
.90% ~ $ 10.11 | AGCB - Altimeter Growth Corp. 2 (Pre-Deal)
-6.89% ~ $ 67.75 | DWAC - Digital World Acquisition Corp. (Announced)
-4.73% ~ $ 10.07 | MPAC - Model Performance Acquisition Corp (Announced)
-3.61% ~ $ 12.55 | MEKA - MELI Kaszek Pioneer Corp (Pre-Deal)
-3.28% ~ $ 10.61 | BRPM - B. Riley Principal 150 Merger Corp. (Announced)
-2.78% ~ $ 9.80 | BNIX - Bannix Acquisition Corp. (Pre-Deal)
-2.32% ~ $ 10.52 | BENE - Benessere Capital Acquisition Corp. (Pre-Deal)
-1.52% ~ $ 9.73 | TRON - CORNER GROWTH ACQUISITION CORP. 2 (Pre-Deal)
-1.32% ~ $ 9.72 | ZT - Zimmer Energy Transition Acquisition Corp. (Pre-Deal)
-.82% ~ $ 9.70 | MTAL - Metals Acquisition Corp (Pre-Deal)
-.78% ~ $ 10.12 | FSII - FS Development Corp. II (Announced)
-.69% ~ $ 10.01 | NLIT - Northern Lights Acquisition Corp. (Pre-Deal)
-.68% ~ $ 10.24 | IPOF - Social Capital Hedosophia Holdings Corp VI (Pre-Deal)
-.61% ~ $ 9.75 | LCA - Landcadia Holdings IV, Inc. (Pre-Deal)
-.60% ~ $ 9.96 | CNTQ - Chardan NexTech Acquisition 2 Corp. (Pre-Deal)
-.60% ~ $ 9.96 | MACU - Mallard Acquisition Corp (Pre-Deal)
-.51% ~ $ 9.66 | AMCI - AMCI Acquisition Corp. II (Pre-Deal)
-.51% ~ $ 9.66 | ALPA - ALPHA HEALTHCARE ACQUISITION CORP III (Pre-Deal)
-.50% ~ $ 10.03 | MAQC - Maquia Capital Acquisition Corporation (Pre-Deal)
-.49% ~ $ 10.07 | BTWN - Bridgetown Holdings Ltd (Pre-Deal)
More from Boardroom Alpha
For ongoing tracking, analytics, and data on SPACs checkout Boardroom Alpha's SPAC Data and Analytics service.
- Podcast: CompoSecure / DBDR Going Beyond Metal Cards into Crypto with CEOs Jon Wilk & Don Basile
- Podcast: DWAC and Trump / TMTG Make SPACs Great Again
- Inspirato's Brent Handler and Web Neighbor on the Future of Subscription Travel
- Vacasa CEO Matt Roberts on Travel and Merger with TPG Pace Solutions (TPGS)
- Aurora's Chris Urmson and Reinvent's Michael Thompson
- Okapi's Bruce Goldfarb on Activism, the Rise of Retail, AMC, and SPACs
- Scott Wagner and Tom Hegge From True Wind on SPACs
- Podcast: Robinson Capital on Investing in SPACs for Yield
- Matthew Tuttle on FOMO, SPACs, and Capitalizing on Market Trends
- DMYI's Niccolo de Masi on Quantum Computing & IonQ
- Procaps and Union Acquisition II (LATN) Discuss $1.1B SPAC Deal
- Are Niccolo de Masi and dMY the Real SPAC Kings?
- Sarcos Robotics CEO Ben Wolff on Robots and SPACs
- Could Esports' FaZe Clan Go MEME as it Goes Public via B Riley SPAC?
- Trump SPAC DWAC Rises over 100% Again to Cap Wild Week
- Digital World Acquisition (DWAC) Soars on Trump Deal
- Is IONQ Changing the DeSPAC Narrative? WeWork is Officially Public (almost)
- GS Acquisition (GSAH) / Mirion and BowX (BOWX) / WeWork Set for Merger Votes
- A Positive SPAC Week as HZAC Shareholders Approve Deal. BOWX / WeWork is Next
- Say-On-Pay Failures 2021
- Spring Valley (SV) and AeroFarms end SPAC Merger
- Billy Beane's RedBall Nabs SeatGeek in SPAC Merger
- SPAC Market Remains Saturated, Deal Pace Needs to Pick Up to Clear
- Starry Going Public with FirstMark Horizon (FMAC)
- Don't Go Long on SPACs
- SPAX & SPCX: Two SPAC ETFs for Retail Investors
- No SPACs For You Say the Dems
- Risk Off, Tech Off, SPACs Off
- Podcast: Robinson Capital on Investing in SPACs for Yield
- DMYI Closes and Becomes IONQ. KCAC Drops 16% on Approval
- So Long SPAC Gamma Squeeze? MEKA Rises in IPO Surprise
- All SPAC Analysis from Boardroom Alpha
(Disclaimers: this is not investment advice. The author may be long one or more stocks mentioned in this report.)