Free Investor Resources from Boardroom Alpha
** Podcast: Know Who Drives Return
** CEO/CFO/Director Moves Newsletter
** Daily SPAC Newsletter
** Full SPAC Listing
Big SPAC Interviews Next Week!
Next week on Know Who Drives Return we will be recording with Chad Rigetti of Rigetti Computing (going public via SNII), Niccolo de Masi and Will Marshall talking Planet (DMYQ), and Gene Sheridan of Navitas Semiconductor (NVTS).
Send any questions for all 3 our way!
Weekly SPAC Wrap
It's a short week upcoming for the Thanksgiving holiday, so I wouldn't necessarily expect much to come in the way of the SPAC market. Capital markets tend to cool off with the midweek holiday bringing a lot of folks "out of their seats." Although, these days, is there such a thing? Either way this week was also relatively light from a primary SPAC market activity perspective.
Only a few shareholder votes, including the shocking cancellation of the Khosla / Valo Health deal the day before its vote, and an adjournment for FORE. 5 new merger definitive agreements and 10 SPAC IPOs.
That being said a bigger storyt this week was the performance of certain de-SPACs. IONQ and LCID had big run-ups of > 35% and 23% respectively, while SOFI was hurt (down -11%) on news that Chamath was selling 15% of his stake in the company to raise liquidity elsewhere.
And DWAC can't stay out of the narrative, the latest being Elizabeth Warren calling on the SEC to investigate DWAC. DWAC lost ~9% today, but is still riding high > $50.
Nov 18 | $ 10.34 | BSGA - Blue Safari Group Acquisition Corp --> Bitdeer
Nov 17 | $ 9.87 | ASPC - Alpha Capital Acquisition Company --> Semantix
Nov 16 | $ 10.22 | ATSPT - Archimedes Tech SPAC Partners Co --> SoundHound
Nov 15 | $ 9.92 | CHPM - CHP Merger Corp. --> Accelus
Nov 15 | $ 9.95 | WALD - Waldencast Acquisition Corp. --> Obagi and Milk Makeup
It's been quite the active November for new SPAC issuance with $9.1B in new capital already raised. That compares to just $2.6B in November 2020, right before SPAC mania was really about to hit. Issuance criteria these days are quite different as nothing (essentially) is pricing at less than 1/2 warrant coverage or a minimum overfunded trust of $10.15 - $10.20.
That means most new issues are trading over the $10 level, but almost universally still below SPAC NAV, including Kevin Durant's SPAC Infinite Acquisition.
Nov 19 | $ 10.08 | NFNT - Infinite Acquisition Corp.
Nov 19 | $ 10.05 | IFIN - InFinT Acquisition Corporation
Nov 18 | $ 10.13 | TBD - Arisz Acquisition Corp.
Nov 18 | $ 10.03 | CREC - Crescera Capital Acquisition Corp.
Nov 18 | $ 10.08 | BLEU - bleuacacia ltd
Nov 17 | $ 10.08 | SUAC - ShoulderUP Technology Acquisition Corp.
Nov 17 | $ 10.09 | SGII - Seaport Global Acquisition II Corp.
Nov 16 | $ 10.08 | LFAC - LF Capital Acquisition Corp. II
Nov 16 | $ 10.14 | NETC - Nabors Energy Transition Corp.
Nov 15 | $ 10.18 | ENCP - Energem Corp
Nov 23 | $ 9.97 | THMA - Thimble Point Acquisition Corp. --> Pear Therapeutics, Inc.
Nov 24 | $ 9.91 | FORE - Foresight Acquisition Corp. --> P3 Health Partners
Nov 29 | $ 9.98 | IACB - ION Acquisition Corp 2 --> Innovid
Nov 30 | $ 10.04 | TPGS - TPG Pace Solutions Corp. --> Vacasa
Nov 30 | $ 14.00 | AGC - Altimeter Growth Corp. --> Grab
Dec 03 | $ 9.98 | GIG - GigCapital4, Inc. --> BigBear.ai
Dec 03 | $ 11.40 | DMYQ - dMY Technology Group, Inc. IV --> Planet Labs Inc.
Dec 06 | $ 10.40 | CBAH - CBRE Acquisition Holdings, Inc. --> Altus Power, Inc
Dec 07 | $ 9.98 | SVOK - Seven Oaks Acquisition Corp. --> Boxed
Dec 07 | $ 10.06 | DGNS - DRAGONEER GR OP --> CVENT
Dec 07 | $ 13.44 | DCRC - Decarbonization Plus Acquisition Corporation III --> Solid Power Inc.
Dec 07 | $ 9.96 | PFDR - Pathfinder Acquisition Corporation --> ServiceMax
Dec 08 | $ 9.97 | CFV - CF Acquisition Corp. V --> Satellogic
Today's Price Action
5.70% ~ $ 14.64 | FSII - FS Development Corp. II (Announced)
5.66% ~ $ 13.44 | DCRC - Decarbonization Plus Acquisition Corporation III (Announced)
4.85% ~ $ 11.88 | CND - Concord Acquisition Corp (Announced)
3.54% ~ $ 14.32 | XPDI - Power & Digital Infrastructure Acquisition Corp. (Announced)
2.96% ~ $ 10.10 | SWSS - Springwater Special Situations Corp. (Pre-Deal)
2.90% ~ $ 14.35 | MEKA - MELI Kaszek Pioneer Corp (Pre-Deal)
2.76% ~ $ 13.76 | GGPI - Gores Guggenheim, Inc (Announced)
2.19% ~ $ 14.00 | AGC - Altimeter Growth Corp. (Announced)
1.94% ~ $ 9.45 | LIII - Leo Holdings III Corp (Announced)
1.69% ~ $ 11.40 | DMYQ - dMY Technology Group, Inc. IV (Announced)
1.62% ~ $ 10.67 | BRPM - B. Riley Principal 150 Merger Corp. (Announced)
1.41% ~ $ 11.50 | SEAH - Sports Entertainment Acquisition Corp (Announced)
1.23% ~ $ 9.90 | DDMX - DD3 Acquisition Corp. II (Announced)
1.18% ~ $ 10.32 | NGCA - NextGen Acquisition Corp. II (Announced)
.88% ~ $ 10.30 | DCRN - Decarbonization Plus Acquisition Corporation II
-8.88% ~ $ 51.21 | DWAC - Digital World Acquisition Corp. (Announced)
-3.81% ~ $ 9.33 | GNRS - GREENROSE ACQUISITION CORP (Announced)
-2.60% ~ $ 10.12 | SVFA - SVF Investment Corp. (Pre-Deal)
-2.51% ~ $ 9.72 | BACA - Berenson Acquisition Corp. I (Pre-Deal)
-2.03% ~ $ 10.12 | AGCB - Altimeter Growth Corp. 2 (Pre-Deal)
-1.93% ~ $ 10.68 | PIPP - Pine Island Acquisition Corp (Pre-Deal)
-1.47% ~ $ 10.07 | RBAC - RedBall Acquisition Corp. (Announced)
-1.41% ~ $ 11.88 | SNII - Supernova Partners Acquisition Company II, Ltd. (Announced)
-.99% ~ $ 10.04 | TPGS - TPG Pace Solutions Corp. (Announced)
-.99% ~ $ 10.05 | MCMJ - Merida Merger Corp. I (Announced)
-.96% ~ $ 9.75 | BLNG - Belong Acquisition Corp. (Pre-Deal)
-.96% ~ $ 10.34 | FTCV - FinTech Acquisition Corp. V (Announced)
-.91% ~ $ 9.80 | BNNR - Banner Acquisition Corp. (Pre-Deal)
-.78% ~ $ 10.18 | ESSC - East Stone Acquisition Corporation (Announced)
-.72% ~ $ 9.68 | DISA - Disruptive Acquisition Corp I (Pre-Deal)
-.69% ~ $ 24.30 | PCPC - Periphas Capital Partnering Corporation (Pre-Deal)
-.62% ~ $ 10.50 | LMACA - Liberty Media Acquisition Corporation (Pre-Deal)
More from Boardroom Alpha
For ongoing tracking, analytics, and data on SPACs checkout Boardroom Alpha's SPAC Data and Analytics service.
Know Who Drives Return Podcast
- Super Group / SEAH Aim for Global Online Gaming & Betting Wins, with CEOs Neal Menashe and John Collins
- Wejo CEO Richard Barlow on why Connected Vehicle Data is the Future (SPAC: VOSO)
- Podcast: Codere Online (SPAC:DDMX) and the Gaming / Betting Landscape in LatAm
- Podcast: CompoSecure / DBDR Going Beyond Metal Cards into Crypto with CEOs Jon Wilk & Don Basile
- Podcast: DWAC and Trump / TMTG Make SPACs Great Again
- Inspirato's Brent Handler and Web Neighbor on the Future of Subscription Travel
- Vacasa CEO Matt Roberts on Travel and Merger with TPG Pace Solutions (TPGS)
- Aurora's Chris Urmson and Reinvent's Michael Thompson
- Okapi's Bruce Goldfarb on Activism, the Rise of Retail, AMC, and SPACs
- See the full Know Who Drivers Return podcast library
Latest SPAC Analysis
- IONQ Continues to Run, ASPC Strikes LatAm Software Deal with Semantix
- Khosla Ventures and Valo Health Terminate SPAC Deal
- SPAC M&A Pace is Heating Up
- SPAC Resurgence Continues and DeSPACs are Hot
- TradeStation Group Strikes SPAC Deal with Quantum FinTech (QFTA)
- SPAC IPO Pace Picking Up; Liquidation Rate to Follow?
- SilverBox Engaged (SBEA) rises 15% on Black Rifle Coffee Pact, Are SPAC Deal Pops Back?
- GS to Offer New SPAC-Linked Product + 4 SPACs to Vote Tomorrow
- October SPAC Issuance nears $10B and SPACs are Hot Again
- Could Esports' FaZe Clan Go MEME as it Goes Public via B Riley SPAC?
- Trump SPAC DWAC Rises over 100% Again to Cap Wild Week
- Digital World Acquisition (DWAC) Soars on Trump Deal
- Is IONQ Changing the DeSPAC Narrative? WeWork is Officially Public (almost)
- GS Acquisition (GSAH) / Mirion and BowX (BOWX) / WeWork Set for Merger Votes
- Say-On-Pay Failures 2021
- Billy Beane's RedBall Nabs SeatGeek in SPAC Merger
- SPAC Market Remains Saturated, Deal Pace Needs to Pick Up to Clear
- Starry Going Public with FirstMark Horizon (FMAC)
- Don't Go Long on SPACs
- All SPAC Analysis from Boardroom Alpha
(Disclaimers: this is not investment advice. The author may be long one or more stocks mentioned in this report.)