Free Investor Resources from Boardroom Alpha
** Podcast: Know Who Drives Return
** CEO/CFO/Director Moves Newsletter
** Daily SPAC Newsletter
** Full SPAC Listing
Digital World Acquisition Corp (DWAC) continues its roller coaster activity and dove again today, falling another 12% after dropping yesterday as well. That leaves DWAC closing < $40 for the first time since the Trump merger was announced last month. All that being said, we knew this one would be in for a wild ride, so don't expect that to ease up at all. The less than stellar press surrounding the sponsor (see Orlando's recent liquidation) is also likely not adding positive fuel to this fire.
MANSCAPED Strikes Deal with Blue Lights Acquisition (BLTS)
So it's not a goose egg after all in terms of deal announcements this Thanksgiving Week. This morning was kicked off with the news that Bright Lights Acquisition Corp (BLTS) would be taking men's grooming company MANSCAPED public in a $1B deal. MANSCAPED, which sports products such as the Lawn Mower 4.0, focuses on, well you can guess.
The transaction includes a $75M PIPE that is priced at $9.20 per share for an "illiquidity discount" - which is surely not likely to excite any current shareholders at $10. As you are aware, it's very rare for PIPE shares to be priced at a disco
The company has sported decent growth over the last few years with expected ~$290M in 2021 revenues that ramp to over $500M by 2023. The $1B enterprise value equates to 2.6x 2022E revenue.
BLTS common shares rose modestly on the day +1.5% to $9.93, while the warrants (BLTSW) had a decently big +33% pop, but are still trading < $1 at $0.94. Investors seem skeptical about this one, even though the company sports a high profile list of celebrity backers and spokespeople including Rob Grownkowski and Ciara.
Today's Price Action
Not a lot to report on here today with limited SPACs rising at all.
1.93% ~ $ 10.05 | GLTA - Galata Acquisition Corp (Pre-Deal)
1.85% ~ $ 9.91 | TPBA - TPB Acquisition Corporation I (Pre-Deal)
1.45% ~ $ 9.93 | BLTS - Bright Lights Acquisition Corp. (Announced)
1.27% ~ $ 10.35 | GRCY - Greencity Acquisition Corp (Pre-Deal)
1.00% ~ $ 10.00 | GTPA - Gores Technology Partners, Inc (Pre-Deal)
.99% ~ $ 10.17 | AGCB - Altimeter Growth Corp. 2 (Pre-Deal)
.93% ~ $ 9.77 | DISA - Disruptive Acquisition Corp I (Pre-Deal)
.92% ~ $ 9.83 | AKIC - Sports Ventures Acquisition Corp. (Pre-Deal)
.87% ~ $ 9.90 | MCAE - Mountain Crest Acquisition Corp. III (Pre-Deal)
.82% ~ $ 9.78 | HWEL - Healthwell Acquisition Corp. I (Pre-Deal)
.82% ~ $ 9.80 | CRZN - Corazon Capital V838 Monoceros Corp (Pre-Deal)
.82% ~ $ 9.80 | AFTR - AfterNext HealthTech Acquisition Corp. (Pre-Deal)
.82% ~ $ 9.82 | CORS - Corsair Partnering Corporation (Pre-Deal)
.82% ~ $ 9.82 | VLAT - Valor Latitude Acquisition Corp. (Pre-Deal)
.76% ~ $ 10.56 | FPAC - Far Peak Acquisition Corp (Announced)
.72% ~ $ 9.75 | GXII - GX Acquisition Corp. II (Pre-Deal)
.72% ~ $ 9.78 | MITA - Coliseum Acquisition Corp. (Pre-Deal)
-11.97% ~ $ 39.48 | DWAC - Digital World Acquisition Corp. (Announced)
-7.58% ~ $ 10.12 | DMYS - dMY Technology Group, Inc. VI (Pre-Deal)
-6.67% ~ $ 9.80 | GATE - Marblegate Acquisition Corp. (Pre-Deal)
-6.28% ~ $ 12.99 | MEKA - MELI Kaszek Pioneer Corp (Pre-Deal)
-5.79% ~ $ 12.70 | DCRC - Decarbonization Plus Acquisition Corporation III (Announced)
-4.82% ~ $ 11.06 | SNII - Supernova Partners Acquisition Company II, Ltd. (Announced)
-4.73% ~ $ 9.88 | MTRY - Monterey Bio Acquisition Corp (Pre-Deal)
-4.56% ~ $ 9.84 | TGVC - TG Venture Acquisition Corp. (Pre-Deal)
-4.31% ~ $ 9.55 | IACB - ION Acquisition Corp 2 (Announced)
-4.16% ~ $ 11.06 | SEAH - Sports Entertainment Acquisition Corp (Announced)
-3.73% ~ $ 13.42 | GGPI - Gores Guggenheim, Inc (Announced)
-3.63% ~ $ 11.41 | DMYQ - dMY Technology Group, Inc. IV (Announced)
-2.97% ~ $ 13.07 | XPDI - Power & Digital Infrastructure Acquisition Corp. (Announced)
-2.61% ~ $ 11.18 | CND - Concord Acquisition Corp (Announced)
-2.58% ~ $ 9.44 | DDMX - DD3 Acquisition Corp. II (Announced)
This Week's SPAC IPOs
Nov 23 | $ 10.07 | VHNA - Vahanna Tech Edge Acquisition I Corp.
Nov 22 | $ 10.05 | LGTO - LEGATO MERGER CORP. II
Nov 22 | $ 10.23 | MANA - Mana Capital Acquisition Corp.
Nov 22 | $ 10.13 | LAX - 8i Acquisition 2 Corp.
More from Boardroom Alpha
For ongoing tracking, analytics, and data on SPACs checkout Boardroom Alpha's SPAC Data and Analytics service.
Know Who Drives Return Podcast
- CUBI: New Customers Bank CEO Sam Sidhu on Digital Assets, Crypto Banking, and Leadership
- Super Group / SEAH Aim for Global Online Gaming & Betting Wins, with CEOs Neal Menashe and John Collins
- Wejo CEO Richard Barlow on why Connected Vehicle Data is the Future (SPAC: VOSO)
- Podcast: Codere Online (SPAC:DDMX) and the Gaming / Betting Landscape in LatAm
- Podcast: CompoSecure / DBDR Going Beyond Metal Cards into Crypto with CEOs Jon Wilk & Don Basile
- Podcast: DWAC and Trump / TMTG Make SPACs Great Again
- Inspirato's Brent Handler and Web Neighbor on the Future of Subscription Travel
- Vacasa CEO Matt Roberts on Travel and Merger with TPG Pace Solutions (TPGS)
- Aurora's Chris Urmson and Reinvent's Michael Thompson
- Okapi's Bruce Goldfarb on Activism, the Rise of Retail, AMC, and SPACs
- See the full Know Who Drivers Return podcast library
Latest SPAC Analysis
- IONQ Continues to Run, ASPC Strikes LatAm Software Deal with Semantix
- Khosla Ventures and Valo Health Terminate SPAC Deal
- SPAC M&A Pace is Heating Up
- SPAC Resurgence Continues and DeSPACs are Hot
- TradeStation Group Strikes SPAC Deal with Quantum FinTech (QFTA)
- SPAC IPO Pace Picking Up; Liquidation Rate to Follow?
- SilverBox Engaged (SBEA) rises 15% on Black Rifle Coffee Pact, Are SPAC Deal Pops Back?
- GS to Offer New SPAC-Linked Product + 4 SPACs to Vote Tomorrow
- October SPAC Issuance nears $10B and SPACs are Hot Again
- Could Esports' FaZe Clan Go MEME as it Goes Public via B Riley SPAC?
- Trump SPAC DWAC Rises over 100% Again to Cap Wild Week
- Digital World Acquisition (DWAC) Soars on Trump Deal
- Is IONQ Changing the DeSPAC Narrative? WeWork is Officially Public (almost)
- GS Acquisition (GSAH) / Mirion and BowX (BOWX) / WeWork Set for Merger Votes
- Say-On-Pay Failures 2021
- Billy Beane's RedBall Nabs SeatGeek in SPAC Merger
- SPAC Market Remains Saturated, Deal Pace Needs to Pick Up to Clear
- Starry Going Public with FirstMark Horizon (FMAC)
- Don't Go Long on SPACs
- All SPAC Analysis from Boardroom Alpha
(Disclaimers: this is not investment advice. The author may be long one or more stocks mentioned in this report.)