The wild SPAC rollercoaster that is the Churchill Capital IV (CCIV) / Lucid Motors is finally nearing the end. The next, and nearly final step, towards closing the business combination is the shareholder vote on July 22. However, and perhaps due to the large retail presence in the stock, CCIV sent out a reminder today telling shareholders to vote their shares if they owned them as of the June 21 record date.
This has turned into a fairly regular action in many SPAC mergers, likely due to the fact that 1) retail investors tend to be shorter term holders than many institutional buyers and 2) may not even realize that they should be voting as of the record date. Alas, with CCIV trading in the mid $20s, don't expect anything crazy and it's likely that CCIV will reach the quorum it needs.
However, Tailwind Acquisition (TWND) adjourned its proposed vote today for another 10 days, perhaps they didn't reach a voting quorum. TWND shores rose +13.56% to $9.88 today - still well below NAV.
Property Solutions Acquisition (PSAC) approved its merger with Faraday Future, and received de minimis redemptions.
Revolution Acceleration Acquisition (RAAC) approved its merger with Berkshire Grey, no mention of redemptions yet, though expect a fair amount with RAAC at $8.93.
Ascendant Digital Acquisition Corp. (ACND) approved its business combination with MarketWise, also waiting on redemptions.
Jul 21 | $ 11.39 | THCB - Tuscan Holdings Corp. --> Microvast, Inc.
Jul 21 | $ 9.91 | VCVC - 10X Capital Venture Acquisition Corp --> REE Automotive Ltd.
Jul 21 | $ 12.29 | CMLF - CM Life Sciences Inc --> Sema4
Jul 22 | $ 24.28 | CCIV - Churchill Capital Corp IV --> Lucid Motors
Today's Price Action
13.56% ~ $ 9.88 | TWND - Tailwind Acquisition Corp (Announced)
9.37% ~ $ 24.28 | CCIV - Churchill Capital Corp IV (Announced)
3.12% ~ $ 8.93 | RAAC - Revolution Acceleration Acquisition Corp (Announced)
2.93% ~ $ 12.29 | CMLF - CM Life Sciences Inc (Announced)
2.86% ~ $ 10.79 | BOWX - BowX Acquisition Corp (Announced)
2.33% ~ $ 17.15 | RICE - Rice Acquisition Corp. (Announced)
2.15% ~ $ 9.99 | DYNS - Dynamics Special Purpose Corp. (Pre-Deal)
1.86% ~ $ 10.94 | MUDS - Mudrick Capital Acquisition Corporation II (Announced)
1.55% ~ $ 9.81 | VELO - Velocity Acquisition Corp (Announced)
1.54% ~ $ 13.83 | PSAC - Property Solutions Acquisition Corp (Announced)
1.47% ~ $ 11.27 | TDAC - Trident Acquisitions Corp (Announced)
1.42% ~ $ 9.99 | EUCR - Eucrates Biomedical Acquisition Corp (Pre-Deal)
1.24% ~ $ 9.77 | TSPQ - TCW Special Purpose Acquisition Corp (Pre-Deal)
1.21% ~ $ 13.41 | GHVI - Gores Holdings VI Inc (Announced)
1.12% ~ $ 9.90 | EPWR - Empowerment & Inclusion Capital I Corp (Pre-Deal)
1.03% ~ $ 9.77 | SDAC - Sustainable Development Acquisition I Corp. (Pre-Deal)
1.02% ~ $ 9.95 | FORE - Foresight Acquisition Corp. (Announced)
.96% ~ $ 10.57 | FTCV - FinTech Acquisition Corp. V (Announced)
.93% ~ $ 9.77 | AEAC - Authentic Equity Acquisition Corp. (Pre-Deal)
.92% ~ $ 9.83 | NAAC - North Atlantic Acquisition Corporation (Pre-Deal)
-4.31% ~ $ 10.43 | SRAC - Stable Road Acquisition Corp. (Announced)
-3.05% ~ $ 9.84 | PSPC - Post Holdings Partnering Corporation (Pre-Deal)
-3.00% ~ $ 9.70 | GGMC - Glenfarne Merger Corp. (Pre-Deal)
-2.51% ~ $ 9.70 | ORIA - Orion Biotech Opportunities Corp. (Pre-Deal)
-2.51% ~ $ 9.70 | EGGF - EG Acquisition Corp. (Pre-Deal)
-2.51% ~ $ 10.50 | BCTG - BCTG Acquisition Corp. (Announced)
-1.94% ~ $ 9.61 | ARTA - Artisan Acquisition Corp. (Pre-Deal)
-1.68% ~ $ 9.63 | VLAT - Valor Latitude Acquisition Corp. (Pre-Deal)
-1.62% ~ $ 9.71 | AMPI - Advanced Merger Partners, Inc. (Pre-Deal)
-1.50% ~ $ 12.50 | TPGY - TPG Pace Beneficial Finance Corp (Announced)
-1.13% ~ $ 9.97 | TPGS - TPG Pace Solutions Corp. (Pre-Deal)
-1.12% ~ $ 9.71 | ADER - 26 Capital Acquisition Corp (Pre-Deal)
-1.03% ~ $ 10.60 | VACQ - Vector Acquisition Corp (Announced)
-1.00% ~ $ 9.93 | DKDCA - Data Knights Acquisition Corp. (Pre-Deal)
-.96% ~ $ 10.30 | NHIC - NewHold Investment Corporation (Announced)
-.94% ~ $ 10.37 | BLSA - BCLS Acquisition Corp. (Pre-Deal)
-.93% ~ $ 9.63 | DHBC - DHB Capital Corp. (Pre-Deal)
-.84% ~ $ 10.57 | PDAC - Peridot Acquisition Corp (Announced)
-.82% ~ $ 9.62 | LVRA - Levere Holdings Corp (Pre-Deal)
-.80% ~ $ 9.97 | FGNA - FG New America Acquisition Corp (Announced)
More from Boardroom Alpha
More from Boardroom Alpha For ongoing tracking, analytics, and data on SPACs checkout Boardroom Alpha's SPAC Data and Analytics service.
- SPACs Fall with Stocks in Down Day
- A SPAC Risk Exposed?
- Ackman / PSTH Deal Falls Apart, and Merger Monday is Back
- RTPY Rises on Deal with Aurora, PFDR Strikes $1.4B Deal with Service Max
- Will Large Redemptions Force a Change in Sponsor Economics?
- SEC, Gensler Lay the Hammer on Stable Road (SRAC) & Momentus
- LCAP Rises on MSP Deal, ASPL Sees Huge Redemptions in Wheels Up Vote
- Lionheart Acquisition (LCAP) Announces $32.6B SPAC Deal with MSP Recovery
- Nextdoor Leads the Way in Busy Merger Week
- Despite Higher Activity Level SPACs Showing Some Weakness
- SPAC Deal Announcement Pops and Warrants Surge
- Hyperfine, Circle, and Alpha Tau Healthcare Get SPAC Deals
- Pre-Deal SPACs are Cheap
- Two New SPAC Deals (DMYQ, ATHN)
- Khosla Ventures Acquisition II Soars on Nextdoor Deal
- Khosla taking Nextdoor Public in $4.3B Deal and CF Acquisition Announced Satellogic $850M Deal
- Weekly SPAC Wrap - July 2
- Bowlero Gets a $2.6B SPAC Deal
- Chamath's Bio SPACs Rise, WPF has Large Redemptions
- Stable Road (SRAC) Cuts Deal Valuation in Half -- Market Loves It
- SPACs Flat, LACQ and IACA Votes Pass
- 10 SPAC Deal Votes Close Out June
- De-SPACs Get Set to Join the Russell 3000
- Weekly Director/CEO/CFO Moves: Matthew Furlong Takes the Helm at GameStop & EBAY Gets a New CFO
- Churchill (CCIV) & Lucid Sets its Vote Date
(Disclaimers: this is not investment advice. The author may be long one or more stocks mentioned in this report.)