Churchill Capital Corp IV (CCIV) has been one of the most sought after SPACs in the past year. "Peak SPAC" aside, when CCIV hit a high in the $50s, CCIV is still trading at the highest premium of any SPAC with a pending business combination, closing Thursday at $22.90.
Yet, likely given the heavy retail participation in the name, it is having trouble garnering enough voting participation (on shareholder resolution #2) to get its merger with Lucid Motors cleared and on the way to completion. CCIV should be an easy pass (and of course 0 redemptions) from shareholders, yet it highlights one of the risk factors of having a heavy retail participation - it's harder to get them to vote.
If you're a CCIV shareholder, make sure to vote and check your SPAM folder for instructions:
10X Capital Venture Acquisition merger with REE Automotive has closed and will trade as REE starting 7/23.
Gores Holdings VI combination with Matterport has closed and will trade as MTTR on 7/23.
CM Life Sciences merger with Sema4 has closed and will trade as SMFR on 7/23.
Next week is set up for another 6 SPACs to vote
TWND was supposed to vote this week, but adjourned. It will be interesting to see where redemptions shake out on both ROCC and TWND, given where common is trading.
Jul 27 | $ 9.77 | ROCC - Roth CH Acquisition II Co. --> Reservoir Holdings, Inc.
Jul 27 | $ 9.92 | CAP - Capitol Investment Corp V --> States Title Holding, Inc.
Jul 28 | $ 9.99 | NEBC - Nebula Caravel Acquisition Corporation --> Rover
Jul 29 | $ 9.97 | RTPZ - Reinvent Technology Partners Z --> Hippo Enterprises Inc.
Jul 29 | $ 9.98 | DGNR - Dragoneer Growth Opportunities Corp --> CCC Information Services Inc.
Jul 30 | $ 9.82 | TWND - Tailwind Acquisition Corp --> QOMPLX, Inc.
Thursday's Price Action
5.47% ~ $ 14.47 | GHVI - Gores Holdings VI Inc (Announced)
3.23% ~ $ 10.56 | ARYD - ARYA Sciences Acquisition Corp IV (Pre-Deal)
2.88% ~ $ 9.99 | GGMC - Glenfarne Merger Corp. (Pre-Deal)
2.63% ~ $ 10.74 | BCTG - BCTG Acquisition Corp. (Announced)
2.59% ~ $ 12.67 | FWAA - Fifth Wall Acquisition Corp. I (Announced)
2.21% ~ $ 20.81 | PSTH - Pershing Square Tontine Holdings (Pre-Deal)
1.97% ~ $ 9.85 | MDH - MDH Acquisition Corp. (Announced)
1.95% ~ $ 10.96 | VACQ - Vector Acquisition Corp (Announced)
1.83% ~ $ 10.03 | DGNS - DRAGONEER GR OP (Pre-Deal)
1.45% ~ $ 9.78 | LVRA - Levere Holdings Corp (Pre-Deal)
1.13% ~ $ 9.84 | VPCB - VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings II (Pre-Deal)
1.03% ~ $ 9.84 | MACQ - MCAP Acquisition Corporation (Pre-Deal)
1.01% ~ $ 9.97 | LSAQ - LIFE SCI ACQ II (Announced)
1.00% ~ $ 9.92 | IPVI - InterPrivate IV InfraTech Partners Inc. (Pre-Deal)
.79% ~ $ 11.52 | CMII - CM Life Sciences II Inc. (Announced)
.75% ~ $ 9.96 | FRON - Frontier Acquisition Corp. (Pre-Deal)
.73% ~ $ 9.72 | TWNT - Tailwind Two Acquisition Corp. (Pre-Deal)
.72% ~ $ 9.73 | ROSS - Ross Acquisition Corp II (Pre-Deal)
.72% ~ $ 9.77 | LCAAU - L Catterton Asia Acquisition Corp (Pre-Deal)
.71% ~ $ 11.38 | TDAC - Trident Acquisitions Corp (Announced)
-7.05% ~ $ 11.60 | CMLF - CM Life Sciences Inc (Announced)
-6.85% ~ $ 10.20 | THCB - Tuscan Holdings Corp. (Announced)
-4.79% ~ $ 9.73 | OTEC - OceanTech Acquisitions I Corp. (Pre-Deal)
-4.00% ~ $ 9.85 | VCVC - 10X Capital Venture Acquisition Corp (Announced)
-2.97% ~ $ 10.45 | PDAC - Peridot Acquisition Corp (Announced)
-2.97% ~ $ 10.47 | BOWX - BowX Acquisition Corp (Announced)
-2.60% ~ $ 9.74 | WPCB - Warburg Pincus Capital Corporation I—B (Pre-Deal)
-2.26% ~ $ 22.90 | CCIV - Churchill Capital Corp IV (Announced)
-2.06% ~ $ 9.77 | ROCC - Roth CH Acquisition II Co. (Announced)
-1.89% ~ $ 17.16 | RICE - Rice Acquisition Corp. (Announced)
-1.75% ~ $ 10.08 | GSAH - GS Acquisition Holdings Corp II (Announced)
-1.41% ~ $ 9.77 | NGC - Northern Genesis Acquisition Corp. III (Pre-Deal)
-1.31% ~ $ 9.78 | HIII - Hudson Executive Investment Corp. III (Pre-Deal)
-1.22% ~ $ 9.74 | TIOA - Tio Tech A (Pre-Deal)
-1.03% ~ $ 9.65 | PSPC - Post Holdings Partnering Corporation (Pre-Deal)
-1.01% ~ $ 9.82 | PHIC - Population Health Investment Co Inc (Pre-Deal)
-.99% ~ $ 10.04 | GNPK - Genesis Park Acquisition Corp (Announced)
-.98% ~ $ 10.09 | CND - Concord Acquisition Corp (Announced)
-.93% ~ $ 11.69 | FST - FAST ACQ CP (Announced)
-.92% ~ $ 9.70 | FSRX - FinServ Acquisition Corp. II (Pre-Deal)
More from Boardroom Alpha
More from Boardroom Alpha For ongoing tracking, analytics, and data on SPACs checkout Boardroom Alpha's SPAC Data and Analytics service.
- Pre-Deal SPACs are Cheap
- SPACs Edge Higher, CCIV Shareholder Vote Tomorrow
- SPACs Fall with Stocks in Down Day
- A SPAC Risk Exposed?
- Ackman / PSTH Deal Falls Apart, and Merger Monday is Back
- RTPY Rises on Deal with Aurora, PFDR Strikes $1.4B Deal with Service Max
- Will Large Redemptions Force a Change in Sponsor Economics?
- SEC, Gensler Lay the Hammer on Stable Road (SRAC) & Momentus
- LCAP Rises on MSP Deal, ASPL Sees Huge Redemptions in Wheels Up Vote
- Lionheart Acquisition (LCAP) Announces $32.6B SPAC Deal with MSP Recovery
- Nextdoor Leads the Way in Busy Merger Week
- Despite Higher Activity Level SPACs Showing Some Weakness
- SPAC Deal Announcement Pops and Warrants Surge
- Hyperfine, Circle, and Alpha Tau Healthcare Get SPAC Deals
- Pre-Deal SPACs are Cheap
- Two New SPAC Deals (DMYQ, ATHN)
- Khosla Ventures Acquisition II Soars on Nextdoor Deal
- Khosla taking Nextdoor Public in $4.3B Deal and CF Acquisition Announced Satellogic $850M Deal
- Weekly SPAC Wrap - July 2
- Bowlero Gets a $2.6B SPAC Deal
- Chamath's Bio SPACs Rise, WPF has Large Redemptions
- Stable Road (SRAC) Cuts Deal Valuation in Half -- Market Loves It
- SPACs Flat, LACQ and IACA Votes Pass
- 10 SPAC Deal Votes Close Out June
- De-SPACs Get Set to Join the Russell 3000
- Weekly Director/CEO/CFO Moves: Matthew Furlong Takes the Helm at GameStop & EBAY Gets a New CFO
- Churchill (CCIV) & Lucid Sets its Vote Date
(Disclaimers: this is not investment advice. The author may be long one or more stocks mentioned in this report.)