When Cathie Wood takes action, the market notices. As ETF Focus writes, ARK's Cathie Wood has sold about 20% of their stake in Virgin Galactic ( (SPCE) - Get Virgin Galactic Holdings, Inc. Report), contributing to the stock's recent decline.
It's another blow for the stock, which was one of the first high profile de-SPAC transactions at the onset of the recent SPAC boom. Recall, Virgin Galactic was Chamath Palihapitiya's first go round in SPACs as Social Capital Hedosophia (IPOA) took the company public in a $2B deal that closed all the way back in 2019.
** For on-going tracking, analytics, and data on SPACs checkout Boardroom Alpha's SPAC Data and Analytics service. **
As the SPAC market has come under fire recently, a point of contention is that SPAC sponsors don't stick around. A narrative that was fueled higher when Chamath and Richard Branson sold several hundred million dollars of Virgin Galactic stock earlier this year.
Popular stock pickers like Cathie Wood have helped fuel some of the retail buying in today's most popular stocks and selling by Wood's ARK funds will put additional downward pressure on some de-SPAC names as well. However, keep in mind not all de-SPACs have been duds, and there will surely be more winners to come.
More from Boardroom Alpha
For on-going tracking, analytics, and data on SPACs checkout Boardroom Alpha's SPAC Data and Analytics service.
- SPACs Take Backseat to Tax Selloff
- Horizon & Vivid Seats Bring Back SPAC M&A
- SPAC Gloom looking for a Boom
- 3 Recent De-SPAC Winners: PLBY, PCT, CHPT
- SPAC Bubble Bursting?
- Chamath Defends His SPAC Record Following CLOV Short Squeeze
- SPACs Falter on Monday
- Best SPAC Opportunities for Monday
- SPAC Wrap: New Deal Duds, and QuantumScape Slammed by Short Seller Report
- Thursday's SPAC Opportunities: Is SPAC + Crypto Next? Another Good Deal Pop Shows a Healthier SPAC Market
- SPAC Wrap: Focus Today was on the Coinbase Direct Listing, Will it Drive SPACs into Crypto?