CA Healthcare Acquisition (CAHC) is taking LumiraDx public at a $5 billion Enterprise Value. Founded in 2014, LumiraDx is headquartered in the UK and develops, manufactures and commercializes a point of care diagnostic platform that rivals lab results.
A few highlights:
- This is the first SPAC deal for the CAHC team and only David Lang is active in another SPAC at this time
- All existing LumiraDx shareholders will roll their equity into the combined company
- CEO Ron Zwaniger will continue to lead the company and the LumiarDx's board will remain unchanged
- The deal is expected to close late Q2/early Q3
- The combined company will trade on the NASDAQ as LMDX
- Demand for low-cost, fast COVID-19 tests is a driver of current innovation and demand
- LumiraDx has raised $700 million since its founding
CA Healthcare (CAHC) closed trading yesterday just below NAV at $9.99, but has surged +20% in pre-market trading following the announcement.
More from Boardroom Alpha
- SPAC Wrap: SPAC Mergers Return, Mudrick "Topps" the daily M&A Pop
- Do Chamath's SPACs Make Money? All About the Entry Point
- Biggest SPAC Discounts for Tuesday & Two Morning SPAC Deals (ROT and MUDS)
- SPAC Wrap: Not Another Merger Monday. Vice Media May be Getting SPAC'ed
- Is Shane Smith's Vice Media Getting SPAC'ed?
- SPAC Weekly Wrap: Stock Issuance Grinds to a Halt. Time for Deals.
- SPAC Wrap: NFL Deal Shoots DMYD / Genius Sports to the Moon After Hours
For on-going tracking, analytics, and data on SPACs checkout Boardroom Alpha's SPAC Data and Analytics service.