Free Investor Resources from Boardroom Alpha
** Podcast: Know Who Drives Return
** CEO/CFO/Director Moves Newsletter
** Daily SPAC Newsletter
** Full SPAC Listing
As stocks broadly got hammered today, SPACs were not immune, essentially falling across the board. Included in the decliners was DMYQ, soon to be Planet (PL), ahead of its merger vote on Friday. DMYQ dipped below the $10 floor today, as shares went ex-redemption and thus lost its $10 safety net, before recovering to close at $10 on the nose. Will be interesting to see if there wound up being redemptions here. DMYQ / Planet seemingly have a ton of momentum behind them, and wouldn't be surprised if PL takes off post ticker-change.
ICYMI have a listen to Will Marshall, Ashley Johnson, and Niccolo de Masi Discuss Planet's prospects on our podcast.
Adit EdTech Acquisition Corp. (ADEX) confirmed a deal that was rumored last week in that it will be taking GRIID, "a profitable, vertically integrated bitcoin self-mining company with three US-based facilities," public in a SPAC transaction valuing the company at $3.3B EV. The deal contains no PIPE and will rely on the $276M ($246M net of fees and expenses) in the SPAC's trust for cash to accelerate growth.
GRIID, capitalizing on the insane momentum and growth in the crypto space, has some of the most aggressive financial projections we've seen in a SPAC deal, with their downside case (hat tip to the company for providing three BTC cases, that's rare in management presentations) showing $1.5B in 2024E revenues if BTC goes from $50k-$30k. This is up from just $30M in revenue for 2021E.
Other SPAC News:
ION Acquisition Corp 2 (IACB) shareholders approved its merger with Innovid, 19.6M shares were redeemed or ~77% of the SPAC's trust. Shares will trade as CTV beginning 12/1.
Altimeter Growth Corp. (AGC) shareholders approved its merger with Grab, in one of the largest completed SPAC transactions to date at a $30B EV for the Singapore-based company. AGC closed at $12.78, down almost 6% today.
4 merger votes down, 5 to go to finish up the week, and a ton left for December.
Dec 01 | $ 10.22 | ADF - Aldel Financial Inc. --> Hagerty
Dec 02 | $ 9.97 | ENFA - 890 5th Avenue Partners, Inc. --> BuzzFeed
Dec 03 | $ 10.00 | GIG - GigCapital4, Inc. --> BigBear.ai
Dec 03 | $ 10.00 | DMYQ - dMY Technology Group, Inc. IV --> Planet Labs Inc.
Dec 06 | $ 9.97 | CBAH - CBRE Acquisition Holdings, Inc. --> Altus Power, Inc
Dec 07 | $ 11.89 | DCRC - Decarbonization Plus Acquisition Corporation III --> Solid Power Inc.
Dec 07 | $ 9.93 | PFDR - Pathfinder Acquisition Corporation --> ServiceMax
Dec 07 | $ 10.00 | SVOK - Seven Oaks Acquisition Corp. --> Boxed
Dec 07 | $ 9.97 | DGNS - DRAGONEER GR OP --> CVENT
Dec 08 | $ 9.96 | CFV - CF Acquisition Corp. V --> Satellogic
Dec 13 | $ 9.98 | YAC - Yucaipa Acquisition Corporation --> SIGNA Sports United
Dec 14 | $ 9.97 | ISOS - Isos Acquisition Corp. --> Bowlero
Dec 14 | $ 11.10 | FST - FAST ACQ CP --> Fertitta Entertainment, Inc.
Dec 21 | $ 9.98 | HCAQ - HealthCor Catalio Acquisition Corp. --> Hyperfine, Inc.
Dec 23 | $ 10.17 | DBDR - Roman DBDR Tech Acquisition Corp. --> CompoSecure Holdings, L.L.C.
Dec 28 | $ 9.99 | ATHN - Athena Technology Acquisition Corp. --> Heliogen
Today's Price Action
👀 on Chamath's IPOF with a bit of a gain today (on a very down market), any news coming?
3.75% ~ $ 9.97 | ENFA - 890 5th Avenue Partners, Inc. (Announced)
2.15% ~ $ 10.47 | IPOF - Social Capital Hedosophia Holdings Corp VI (Pre-Deal)
1.73% ~ $ 10.00 | CLAY - Chavant Capital Acquisition Corp. (Pre-Deal)
1.44% ~ $ 9.84 | APMI - AxonPrime Infrastructure Acquisition Corp (Pre-Deal)
1.40% ~ $ 24.67 | PCPC - Periphas Capital Partnering Corporation (Pre-Deal)
1.22% ~ $ 10.80 | SNII - Supernova Partners Acquisition Company II, Ltd. (Announced)
1.03% ~ $ 9.83 | ESM - ESM Acquisition Corporation (Pre-Deal)
1.02% ~ $ 9.95 | ADEX - ADIT EDTECH ACQUISITION CORP. (Announced)
.82% ~ $ 9.80 | EGGF - EG Acquisition Corp. (Pre-Deal)
.71% ~ $ 9.88 | XPOA - DPCM Capital Inc (Pre-Deal)
.71% ~ $ 9.94 | GLBL - Cartesian Growth Corporation (Announced)
.70% ~ $ 10.10 | LNFA - L&F Acquisition Corp (Pre-Deal)
.69% ~ $ 13.04 | MEKA - MELI Kaszek Pioneer Corp (Pre-Deal)
.62% ~ $ 9.78 | EVOJ - Evo Acquisition Corp. (Pre-Deal)
.61% ~ $ 9.93 | HLXA - HELIX ACQUISITION CORP (Announced)
.60% ~ $ 10.00 | AURC - Aurora Acquisition Corp. (Announced)
.57% ~ $ 10.00 | VPCC - VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings III, Inc. (Announced)
.52% ~ $ 9.74 | APTM - Alpha Partners Technology Merger Corp. (Pre-Deal)
.51% ~ $ 9.78 | PICC - Pivotal Investment Corporation III (Pre-Deal)
.51% ~ $ 9.83 | FVIV - Fortress Value Acquisition Corp. IV (Pre-Deal)
More from Boardroom Alpha
For ongoing tracking, analytics, and data on SPACs checkout Boardroom Alpha's SPAC Data and Analytics service.
Know Who Drives Return Podcast
- Chad Rigetti on why Superconducting and Rigetti is the Best Bet on Quantum Computing
- DMYQ & Planet: Is Planet Ready for Primetime?
- CUBI: New Customers Bank CEO Sam Sidhu on Digital Assets, Crypto Banking, and Leadership
- Super Group / SEAH Aim for Global Online Gaming & Betting Wins, with CEOs Neal Menashe and John Collins
- Wejo CEO Richard Barlow on why Connected Vehicle Data is the Future (SPAC: VOSO)
- Podcast: Codere Online (SPAC:DDMX) and the Gaming / Betting Landscape in LatAm
- Podcast: CompoSecure / DBDR Going Beyond Metal Cards into Crypto with CEOs Jon Wilk & Don Basile
- Podcast: DWAC and Trump / TMTG Make SPACs Great Again
- Inspirato's Brent Handler and Web Neighbor on the Future of Subscription Travel
- Vacasa CEO Matt Roberts on Travel and Merger with TPG Pace Solutions (TPGS)
- Aurora's Chris Urmson and Reinvent's Michael Thompson
- Okapi's Bruce Goldfarb on Activism, the Rise of Retail, AMC, and SPACs
- See the full Know Who Drivers Return podcast library
Latest SPAC Analysis
- Did You Get Your SPAC Deals on Black Friday?
- Patrick Orlando of DWAC Strikes again With Benessere Capital Acquisition (BENE) Deal
- MANSCAPED Strikes $1B Deal with Bright Lights Acquisition Corp (BLTS)
- DWAC Drops 12.4% and Patrick Orlando's ZGYH Leaves Warrant Holders Holding the Bag
- IONQ Continues to Run, ASPC Strikes LatAm Software Deal with Semantix
- Khosla Ventures and Valo Health Terminate SPAC Deal
- SPAC M&A Pace is Heating Up
- SPAC Resurgence Continues and DeSPACs are Hot
- TradeStation Group Strikes SPAC Deal with Quantum FinTech (QFTA)
- SPAC IPO Pace Picking Up; Liquidation Rate to Follow?
- SilverBox Engaged (SBEA) rises 15% on Black Rifle Coffee Pact, Are SPAC Deal Pops Back?
- GS to Offer New SPAC-Linked Product + 4 SPACs to Vote Tomorrow
- October SPAC Issuance nears $10B and SPACs are Hot Again
- Could Esports' FaZe Clan Go MEME as it Goes Public via B Riley SPAC?
- Trump SPAC DWAC Rises over 100% Again to Cap Wild Week
- Digital World Acquisition (DWAC) Soars on Trump Deal
- Is IONQ Changing the DeSPAC Narrative? WeWork is Officially Public (almost)
- GS Acquisition (GSAH) / Mirion and BowX (BOWX) / WeWork Set for Merger Votes
- Say-On-Pay Failures 2021
- Billy Beane's RedBall Nabs SeatGeek in SPAC Merger
- All SPAC Analysis from Boardroom Alpha
(Disclaimers: this is not investment advice. The author may be long one or more stocks mentioned in this report.)