At Boardroom Alpha we spend a lot of time looking at insider buying and selling activity as a way to monitor what actions company insiders are taking and what that might say about the future prospects of a given company.
Have a look in more detail at the below data using our Insider Trading Tacker.
Large-cap companies with most aggregate insider sells this week (Tracker link here)
12 large-cap companies had more than $20mm in net sales:
- Director S Robson Walton (D) was the lone seller at Walmart (WMT), selling $103.3mm worth of shares. Walton sold $110mm worth of shares last week.
- Director and Chairman Micky Arison (D) was the lone seller at Carnival Corporation (CCL), selling $102.9mm worth of shares.
- Director and executive chair Benno Dorer (A) was the lone seller at The Clorox Company (CLX), selling $83.8mm worth of shares.
In addition to the bigger sales at large-cap companies, there were smaller but still significant net sales totaling $10-20mm at 10 large-cap companies.
- CEO Jay Snowden (B) and General Counsel Carl Sottosanti sold $12.7mm and $6.7mm worth of Penn National Gaming (PENN) shares respectively.
- Director Thomas Saunders (B-) was effectively the lone seller at Dollar Tree (DLTR), selling $19mm worth of shares. This was in cordination with the announcement Saunders will retire from the board in 2021. COO Thomas O’Boyle sold $0.1mm worth of shares.
Mid-cap companies with most aggregate insider sells this week (Tracker link here)
There were 6 companies with more than $10mm in net sales:
- Director Jeffrey Osher (B+) was the lone seller at Green Dot Corporation, selling $35.7mm worth of shares. This was on behalf of Harvest Small Cap Partners, an investment firm where Osher is a partner.
- Co-founder and Director Daniel Harris Meyer (D) was the lone seller at Shake Shack (SHAK), selling $10.1mm worth of shares.
For small-caps… (Tracker link here)
- Montrose Enviromental Group (MEG) Directors James Price (B+), Richard Perlman (B), andDe Castro Jose Miguel Fernandez sold $10.4mm, $12.8mm, and $1.4mm worth of shares respectively.
- Directors Daniel Weiss (C+) and Steven Lockard (A-) sold $8mm and $3.2mm worth of TPI Composites (TPIC) shares respectively. Weiss sold on behalf of Angeleno Group Management, an investment firm where he is a partner.
There were no large-cap companies with more than $1mm in net buys
Mid-cap companies with most aggregate buys this week (Tracker link here)
American Assets Trust (AAT) was the only mid-cap company with more than $1mm in net buys. CEO Ernest Randy (D) was the lone buyer.
There were no small-cap companies with more than $1mm in net buys
Boardroom Alpha provides in-depth analytics and tracking of all public company executives and officers. Get a demo today to see how you can receive real-time alerts and in-depth analytics.