Introduced early on April 17, 1964 (16 days after the Plymouth Barracuda), and thus dubbed as a "1964½" by Mustang fans, the 1965 Mustang was the automaker's most successful launch since the Model A.
On January 27, 1965, the first Shelby Mustang -- a 1965 Shelby GT350 in Wimbledon White -- made its public debut.
- CES 2019: The Future Is Here and it's a Walking Car
- Detroit Auto Show 2019: Most Expensive Unveilings
- Hyundai and This Automaker Are Big Winners at the Detroit Auto Show
- What Sells Cars Is Driver Image,' Says VW of American CEO
- The 2020 Mustang Shelby GT500 Is the Most Powerful Street-Legal Mustang Ever