It's open enrollment season for Medicare beneficiaries.
And, as in past years, there are changes, especially with Medicare Advantage plans, that might trip you up if you're not careful. That's according to Katy Votava, president of Goodcare.com and author of Making the Most of Medicare: A Guide for Baby Boomers.
She said, "I'm particularly concerned about Medicare Advantage plans now 'managing' expensive medications covered under Medicare Part B which will result in a cost shift to beneficiaries."
In the podcast, Votava described what Medicare Advantages beneficiaries should do during open enrollment season to avoid costly mistakes.
Want More From Robert Powell? Read Ask Bob.
- Ask Bob: Social Security and Working Part-Time
- Ask Bob: Social Security Disability Benefits for Children and Adults
- Ask Bob: Social Security Survivor Benefits
- Activist Investing Today with Ron Orol
- Technically Speaking with Nelson Wang
- The Trifecta Stocks Podcast
- Alpha Rising Podcast
- Jim Cramer Live Podcast