Admit it. You've watched those YouTube makeup tutorials. And before you clicked play, you likely purchased your cosmetics, fragrance, skin care or hair products from Ulta Beauty. (ULTA)
After all, it's a one-stop shop to satisfy your cosmetic itch. It's no wonder. This makeup destination is also the largest U.S. beauty retailer.
A bit about the company's history:
- 1989 Richard E. George resigned as President of Osco Drug, Inc. to found Ulta Salon, Cosmetics and Fragrance in various Illinois cities.
- 1999 Ulta Beauty changed its name from Ulta3, changing the brand almost entirely.
- 2007 The company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ.
For more, watch the video above or check out TheStreet's Behind the Label series below:
- Shopping for History: A Macy's Timeline
- From 'The Golden Rule' to a Struggling Retailer: J.C.Penney Timeline
- Behind the Sparkle: Thank Tiffany for That Wedding Ring
- Behind the Flannel: The History of Abercrombie & Fitch
- Behind the Smile: Inside Walmart