Why You're Spending More on Valentine's Day This Year

We love to spend on love!

And while it seems odd that we need a specific day to actually do that, the retail world is thrilled we all need the reminder.

U.S. consumers are expected to spend an average $143.56 on Valentine's Day this year. That's up from last year's $136.57, according to the annual survey released today by the National Retail Federation and Prosper Insights & Analytics.

And seems approximately 55% of the population celebrating this year (wonder what the other 45% are doing that night? Netflix (NFLX) ?).

Watch our video to find out just how much we are spending. 

And for more videos from @tracybyrnes, subscribe to our YouTube channel here: