1. Apple Inc. ( AAPL) fell 2.8% in premarket trading on a report that first-quarter demand for the iPhone X could come in under analysts' estimates.
2. Bitcoin was trading Tuesday at $15,269 on the bitstamp exchange, up 9.8%, after plummeting nearly 30% on Friday to below $12,000.
3. Sales, excluding automobiles, rose 4.9% from Nov. 1 through Christmas Eve, compared with a 3.7% gain in the same period last year, according to the Mastercard unit.
4. Elon Musk's massive backup battery installed in South Australia already has paid dividends, according to reports.
5. United Airlines ( UAL) apologized and has given a $500 travel voucher to a passenger who accused the airline of giving her first-class seat to U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, a Houston Democrat.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Watch: Here Is Everything You Need to Know About the Stock Market in 2018
- Five of 2017's Biggest Tech Moments: Video
- Here Is What to Expect From the IPO Market in 2018
- Kawasaki Unveils Z 900 RS Motorcycle in Time for Holidays