Looking for More Advanced Concepts?If you already have the basics of investing down pat, and you're more interested in actively-trading stocks, we have additional guides for you. For instance, you may enjoy these primers on technical analysis.
Looking for Basic Terms?If you're having any difficulty following along in these guides, you may want to glance over our dictionary of financial terms. Here, you'll find nearly 200 definitions -- written in plain English -- that explain the most important terms tossed around daily on Wall Street.
Looking for Investment Ideas?If you've made it through these guides (no cheating, folks) and are looking for some specific investment ideas (remember, skipping ahead is only cheating yourself), then give TheStreet Ratings a look. We rate over 20,000 mutual funds, 5,000 stocks and 1,000 ETFs.
Remember, don't take stock and fund recommendations as gospel -- instead, use them as a starting point for your own research. Successful investors have confidence in their own analysis. Never stop learning and trust in yourself.
Money Basics: Money 101
- 10 Traits That Make You Filthy-Rich
- 10 Commandments of Personal Finance
- 10 Financial Lessons for a Richer Life
- 10 Reasons You Aren't Rich
- 10 (More) Reasons You're Not Rich
Investing Basics: Investing 101
- How to Invest - Basic Investing Strategies
- The Best Investment Advice You'll Ever Get...
- Why Investors Lose Money
- Best Investment Books for Beginners
- How to Invest in Stocks for the Long Run
- How to Invest Internationally From the U.S.
Bond Basics: Bonds 101
- What Is the Bond Market and How Does It Work?
- Why Do People Buy Bonds?
- What Are the Different Types of Bonds?
- What Are Municipal Bonds?
- How Do Municipal Bonds Work?
- Should You Buy Bonds or Bond Funds?
Stock Market Basics: Stocks 101
- What Is a Common Stock? -- a Preferred Stock?
- 10 Questions to Ask Before You Buy a Stock
- What Are Penny Stocks? Should I Buy Them?
- Shorting Stocks: What Does It Mean?
- How to Invest in Dividend Stocks
- Why Some Buy and Hold Investors Fail
- How to Listen to Earnings Conference Calls
- When Must I Buy a Stock to Get the Dividend?
- How to Read Financial Statements
Mutual Fund Basics: Funds 101
- How Do Mutual Funds Work?
- Are Mutual Funds Safe Investments?
- The Impact of Fees on Investment Returns
- How to Sell a Mutual Fund Tax-Efficiently