Best Investments for 2015
Markets are closed Monday but there'll be plenty of things to watch starting with GDP data Tuesday.
The following Deere & CO (DE) conference call took place on May 22, 2015, 10:00 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
In the latest look at stocks ordered by largest market capitalization, Russell 3000 component ServiceMaster Global Holdings, Inc was identified as having a larger market cap than the smaller end of the S&P 500, for example People's United Financial, Inc. , according to The Online Investor.
Markets will be closed on Monday for Memorial Day, and the earnings season is winding down, but traders have been given a massive amount of economic data to digest.
Deere earnings were better than expected thanks, in part, to cutting costs.
TheStreet's Jim Cramer says Deere is benefiting from strength in construction while Campell Soup is seeing solid sales in Bolthouse Farms, the company's organic and natural brand.
Shareholders of Granite Construction Inc. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 1.4% annualized dividend yield can sell the December covered call at the $40 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.80 bid, which annualizes to an additional 8.4% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 9.8% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away.
Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 5/26/15, Pope Resources will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.65, payable on 6/11/15. As a percentage of POPE's recent stock price of $64.51, this dividend works out to approximately 1.01%, so look for shares of Pope Resources to trade 1.01% lower — all else being equal — when POPE shares open for trading on 5/26/15.
L Brands (LB) stock price target was dropped at Cantor Fitzgerald to $84 from $87.
Major European markets slipped as Germany and Greece seemed unable to come to an early agreement on Greek debt. Markets are cautious ahead of U.S. inflation figures.
Cramer says you hold Alcoa for the long term while Hershey is played out.
Making money involves tedious homework, not assumptions based on headlines alone, Cramer says.
A study of analyst recommendations at the major brokerages shows that WABCO Holdings Inc is the #57 broker analyst pick among those stocks screened by The Online Investor for strong stock buyback activity. To make that list, a stock must have repurchased at least 5% of its outstanding shares over the trailing twelve month period.
The following Dollar Tree (DLTR) conference call took place on May 21, 2015, 09:00 AM ET. This is a transcript of that earnings call:
When interest rates rise, the Caterpillars and Ciscos of the world are better for investors than growth darlings like Salesforce, says Jim Cramer.
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
- Weekly roundups
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a
comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and
strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV