The energy complex has been a big contributor to volatility in the S&P 500 as 10% of the index is comprised of the energy sector.
Market volatility is back, but it is important to recognize what the VIX is actually measuring when you see stocks whipping around to better understand what the market is anticipating.
Market volatility has made a comeback in October, and a big contributor is the energy complex as oil continues to test key levels on the downside.
As weakness persists, the question begs - is this becoming a bear market?
NASCAR drivers are getting ready for one of the most anticipated races of the season at Talladega Superspeedway, a track notorious for the 'Big One'.
Equity markets continue to trade very choppy, while commodities have seen a rebound over the past week.
The grains had a good rally and there has been a delay in the harvest. In cattle, last Thursday, there was key reversal day.
Today's Hot Topic updates our swing stance on the market and how we're looking to setup October expiration.
Equity markets continue to be weak as dollar holds above 85
George Tkaczuk talks about the ongoing correction in the equity markets
Crude slips below the $85 level and Peter Amandio tells TheStreet’s Jill Malandrino it can go lower, a lot lower.
Avito is Russia’s leading classifieds site, with millions of daily visits. CEO Jonas Nordelander discusses what Avito has done in Russia that is different from Craigslist.org.
In the week ahead, the economic calendar is full with manufacturing, housing and consumer data in focus. Earnings season kicks into high gear with 53 companies reporting.
Carter says he has not seen this type of movement since the summer of 2011 where there was a 20% decline in three weeks.
Social media is the bond that ties businesses and consumers in today’s day and age, and Hubspot is helping companies capitalize on that trend.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV