- Donald Trump May Have Had His 'Oops' Moment Over Mexico
- 5 Cancelled Shows That Are Returning and 13 We Wish Would Come Back
- Does Apple Have a Watch Problem?
- MannKind's Afrezza Lags Behind Biggest Failure in Inhaled Insulin
- Has Trump's Presidential Bid Already Backfired? A Billion-Dollar Brand Turned Toxic
Shares of Chubb Corp (CB) spiked to finish Thursday's regular trading session sharply up after the company was acquired by peer ACE Ltd (ACE) in a mega transaction deal.
Stocks powered through a volatile session caused by Greece uncertainty and closed higher, ahead of Thursday's jobs report.
The sale, originally announced in September, is one piece of CEO Jeffrey Immelt's plan to reshape the company founded by Thomas Edison into an infrastructure and technology provider.
The merger announced Wednesday is one of the biggest industry deals ever.
The takeover of Chubb, which offers property and casualty insurance, is the latest purchase for ACE as CEO Evan Greenberg, the son of Hank Greenberg, focuses on expansion
U.S. stocks opened higher on reports that Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras sent a letter to European creditors agreeing to most conditions of a financing deal.
Brookfield's bid underlines investor interest in Australian infrastructure assets, which are considered to offer stable returns due to the nation's strong economy.
The Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras is reportedly ready to accept most European creditor demands, according to the Financial Times.
The Milpitas, Calif., chip maker was the subject of a bidding war between the Chinese investor consortium and Cypress Semiconductor.
Emerson Electric Co. said Tuesday it plans to spin off its network power business as part of a plan to streamline its portfolio and drive growth.
The deal covers a portfolio of loans for acquisition finance, primarily extended to private-equity funds and related businesses.
Willis Group Holdings is making a $8.34 billion bid for Towers Watson in a deal which will fold reinsurance, insurance brokerage and risk advisory services into an $18 billion company.
AT&T extends deadline for the termination agreement with DirecTV, as the companies try gain final approval from regulators for their merger. Elliott Management takes a 1.3% stake in Alcatel-Lucent.
The move to reduce its holdings in OM Group could signal that FrontFour Capital Group's activist initiative will soon end.
Ironridge is one of about a half-dozen companies that are following a strategy to invest in microcap firms.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV