M&A sponsors will own 13% of buyer Sysco upon closing of cash, stock and assumed-debt deal.
Sysco is buying U.S. Foods in a deal that comes nearly six years after the firm's private-equity buyout.
Hilton's equity holders include a major sovereign wealth fund, as other investors cash out.
After deciding to go it alone last year, the medical diagnostics company sells itself at activist's behest.
former Cerebrus Capital chief executive Robert L. Nardelli spoke to CNBC's Michelle Caruso-Cabrera at The Deal Economy 2014 conference on the long-term investment strategy of his new firm, XLR-8.
The U.S. men's national soccer team will face a stiff test in World Cup Group stages after drawing Germany, Portugal and Ghana.
The deal could be worth $1.5 billion to $3.6 billion according to InterOil, or $1.2 billion according to Total.
Trading bonds, gold, crude oil and three popular equity ETFs can buffer your portfolio from the more risky investments in specific equities.
The Federal Communications Commission on Wednesday made its first use of streamlined procedures, as part of a broader effort to attract more foreign capital into the U.S. telecom and media sectors.
Jim Cramer, founder of TheStreet and star of 'Mad Money,' outlined his predictions for the coming year's mergers and acquisitions at The Deal Economy 2014 conference at the New York Stock Exchange.
Merck has agreed to buy London-listed AZ Electronic Materials SA in a deal valuing the chemicals supplier at $2.96 billion including debt.
The company will take a $1B write-down in the process.
TheStreet's Jim Cramer gave his predictions for companies that might be likely takeover targets in 2014 at The Deal Economy in New York Thursday.
Wall Street dealmakers say that conditions are ripe for a take-off in M&A for 2014.
Roach argues the Fed shouldn't be attempting to address fundamental issues by tinkering with liquidity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV