RF Micro Hit by Inventory
RF Micro Devices (RFMD) says an inventory pileup will hurt numbers for fourth quarter ended March 31.
RF Micro shares dropped 8% after being halted briefly following the market's close Thusday.
The Greensboro, N.C., tech shop says it will lose between 8 cents and 9 cents a share on $150 million in sales. Analysts had been looking for a 2-cent-a-share loss on $153 million in revenue, according to a Reuters Research tally.
RF Micro blamed poor demand for three of its products, two that go into the guts of cell phones. The earnings warning from one of the biggest cell-phone component suppliers will likely raise concerns that wireless handset growth may be cooling off faster than expected."We are disappointed in our results for the quarter," CEO Bob Bruggeworth said in a press release Thursday, adding that "the company is positioned well for its upcoming fiscal year. The handset industry continues to adopt next-generation air interface standards." On a brighter note, the company said that it will see sequential increases in sales and gross margins in the current quarter ending in June. Late Thursday, RF Micro slipped 39 cents to $4.55.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV