Google's Underwriters Like the Stock
Google's (GOOG) underwriters started coverage of the search-engine company's stock Tuesday, setting price targets as high as $145.
That 12-month goal for the stock, from Credit Suisse First Boston's Heath Terry, represents a 20% increase from Google's price Tuesday morning and a 71% gain from Google's initial public offering price of $85 a share.
CSFB's report was one of at least five positive reports issued Tuesday by Google's underwriters following the 40-day post-IPO blackout on research from a company's underwriters.
Contrasting with mixed reviews for Google already published by analysts from firms that didn't participate in Google's IPO, CSFB's report, along with initiations from fellow joint book-running manager Morgan Stanley and underwriters Thomas Weisel Partners, WR Hambrecht and J.P. Morgan, all assigned Google ratings equivalent to a buy.On Tuesday morning, Google's shares climbed $2.39 to $120.65. While acknowledging the challenges in valuing Google and forecasting its future, the analysts publishing Tuesday generally argued that Google is a strong play on the growth in the relatively young Internet search advertising market. Terry, initiating with an outperform rating, forecasts that over the next five years, Google will be able to show annual revenue growth of 50% and annual earnings growth over 30%. "In our own valuation analysis," writes Terry, "we have arrived at prices ranging from $82 all the way
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV