SEC Probe Halts Mamma's March
Whoa, Mamma.com (MAMA)!
The tiny search-engine company said Tuesday that the Securities and Exchange Commission has begun an informal inquiry relating to recent trading in the company's stock.
Can't say that we're shocked.
Starting with a 149% gain on March 2, shares in Mamma.com have zoomed on extraordinarily heavy trading in recent weeks. Shares closed Monday night at $15.66, up from a $4.05 close March 1. As many has 68 million shares in the company have changed hands on a single day since early March, up from the 120,000 average daily volume in the stock before the frenzy began.Mamma.com's sudden popularity makes it one of
Mamma's sudden surge
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV