DoubleClick Posts Stronger Earnings
Updated from July 22
DoubleClick (DCLK) shares added 5% Wednesday after the Internet technology company posted solid second-quarter results.
On Tuesday evening the company reported higher earnings, helped by one-time transactions, in the face of a 16% decline in year-over-year revenues. On Wednesday DoubleClick shares, which have more than doubled off last summer's 52-week low, added 47 cents to $10.66.
For the second quarter ended June 30, the direct marketing and Internet advertising company reported revenue of $63.6 million, down from $75.7 million in the second quarter of 2002 but slightly ahead of the Thomson First Call consensus of $62.5 million.Earnings, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, amounted to $5.8 million, or 4 cents per share, up from $4.1 million, or 3 cents per share in the corresponding quarter a year earlier. Analysts had expected a penny in EPS. The company said its revenue and expenses had declined chiefly because of business divestitures, notably its media, DoubleClick Japan and research operations. Earnings benefited from a net restructuring credit of $6.9 million, though that gain was somewhat offset by $5.4 million in losses in connection with convertible debt redemption and equity investments. Revenue associated primarily with technology for online advertising fell, while revenue from direct marketing data grew.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV