Update: AppNet Stumbles After Merger Announcement Is Rescinded
Updated from 3:09 p.m. EDT
Shares of AppNet (APNT) tumbled Monday after the company, while acknowledging it was discussing a possible agreement with Commerce One (CMRC), backtracked from an earlier announcement of a definitive merger agreement.
AppNet, a Bethesda, Md.-based Internet commerce consulting company, said the announcement of a merger was released inadvertently. Both AppNet and Commerce One, a Pleasanton, Calif.-based maker of business-to-business Internet software, confirmed the merger talks, but said no agreement had been reached.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV