Equant Soars on Reported Interest from France Telecom, Global Crossing
Updated from 7:39 a.m. EDT
Shares in Dutch telecom company Equant NV (ENT) jumped today following a report it was the object of affection for two large telecommunications companies.
Shares in Equant were up 6 7/16, or 15%, to 48 13/16 in afternoon trading Tuesday. (They finished up 6 3/4, or 16%, at 49 1/8.)According to the report, the more likely scenario is France Telecom buying Equant. France Telecom had an exclusive right to negotiate with Equant, but it recently expired.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV