The Media Discovers Margin Selling
Oh great, suddenly everybody is talking about margin clerks. Suddenly all of the talking heads are focused on the issue! Gheeezzhh? Where have you guys been?
Now that my little margin clerk secret is well-known I suspect it is late in this margin game. Here is why: If everybody knows that the margin clerks are going to wield their axs, the "smart money" will be in there shorting stocks on every lift, betting that people will be sold out.
That will create the short base we need to put in a real bottom. You can't worry about a worry that everybody is worried about. That's like Asia in 1997 or Long Term Capital in 1998. Once everybody knows about something that seems troubling, it is overly discounted.I like that.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV