Ticker-Tape Parade: Cendant Buys Cheap Tickets, Semis Get an Upgrade
Cendant (CD) agreed to acquire Cheap Tickets (CTIX), a discount air-travel ticket business, for $425 million in cash. Cendant expects to close the transaction in the fall. The deal will add 1 cent to 2 cents a share to earnings in 2002, and 3 cents to the bottom line in 2003.
Earnings Reports & Warnings:
May Department Stores (MAY) said it met Wall Street's earnings estimates for the second quarter, posting income of 35 cents a share. The company's bottom line was 41 cents a share in the same period last year. Same-store sales fell 3.1% for the quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV