Yen Rises Against Dollar, Euro as Tokyo Stocks Rebound
The dollar was little changed against the euro Tuesday as most of the currency markets focused on trading in yen.
In light trading, the euro rose to $0.8748, up from $0.8743. The yen, meanwhile, gained ground against both the dollar and the euro as optimism from a Japanese equities rebound supported the currency. But as the initial fervor died down, the yen lost some of its earlier gains.
The dollar traded for 124.83 yen on Tuesday, down from its close of 125.16 yen on Monday, but off of the day's lows. The euro changed hands at 109.20 yen, down slightly from 109.38 yen at last close, but also off the day's lows.
The initial jump in the value of the yen came after the Nikkei 225 closed up more than 2% from
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV