VA Linux Down on Restructuring
The company said late Wednesday it was exiting the hardware business to concentrate on Linux operating system applications, eliminating 153 jobs or 35% of its workforce.
The company said revenue would "significantly decline" as a result of the strategy, which would reduce operating expenses.
The company posted much wider third-quarter loss last month compared to a year ago on revenue that dropped 41%. Analysts said at that time that the company's cash burn rate would not allow it to reach its goal of profitability by October 2002.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV