On Tap Today: Housing Starts, Earnings Reports by Goldman Sachs, Lehman
Jabil Circuit, a provider of electronic manufacturing services, is slated to report after the close. Twenty-nine analysts polled by Thomson Financial/First Call expect the company to earn 16 cents a share. Jabil earned 21 cents in the year-ago period.
Specialty retailer Best Buy is also on the earnings calendar for Tuesday. Wall Street is expecting the company to earn 23 cents a share in the fiscal first quarter. The company earned 34 cents in the year-ago period.
Analysts expect investment banking concern Lehman Brothers to earn $1.14 a share in the second quarter, down from $1.39 during the same period last year. Goldman is expected to earn $1.06 a share for the second quarter, down from $1.48 a year ago. Analysts are expecting American Greetings to post first-quarter earnings of 25 cents, which is well short of the 60 cents the company made in the same period a year ago.
Economic Data( Forecasts are from Reuters . Times are Eastern. For a longer-term economic calendar and more, see TSC's
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV