On Tap Today: Housing Starts, Earnings Reports by Goldman Sachs, Lehman
Jabil Circuit, a provider of electronic manufacturing services, is slated to report after the close. Twenty-nine analysts polled by Thomson Financial/First Call expect the company to earn 16 cents a share. Jabil earned 21 cents in the year-ago period.
Specialty retailer Best Buy is also on the earnings calendar for Tuesday. Wall Street is expecting the company to earn 23 cents a share in the fiscal first quarter. The company earned 34 cents in the year-ago period.
Analysts expect investment banking concern Lehman Brothers to earn $1.14 a share in the second quarter, down from $1.39 during the same period last year. Goldman is expected to earn $1.06 a share for the second quarter, down from $1.48 a year ago. Analysts are expecting American Greetings to post first-quarter earnings of 25 cents, which is well short of the 60 cents the company made in the same period a year ago.
Economic Data(Forecasts are from Reuters. Times are Eastern. For a longer-term economic calendar and more, see TSC's Economic Databank.)
- 8:30 a.m.: Housing Starts for May. Source:
Census Bureau. Forecast: 1.593M. Previous: 1.609M. Building Permits - Forecast: n.a. Previous: 1.587M. 9 a.m.: BTM-UBSW Weekly Chain Store Sales Index for the week ended June 18. Source: Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi and UBS Warburg. Forecast: n.a. Previous: +0.3%. 9 a.m.: Redbook Retail Average for the month through June 18, vs. May. Source: LJR Redbook. Forecast: n.a. Previous: +0.4%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV