On Tap Today: Oracle, Solectron Report Earnings
A pair of earnings releases make up the majority of the expected news this morning. Leading the way is Oracle (ORCL), which is set to release earnings after the closing bell. Analysts expect the company, which recently cut the price on the next version of its flagship database software, called 9i, to earn 14 cents a share for the fiscal fourth quarter.
In March, the company warned that it wouldn't meet its previous guidance for the fourth quarter. At the time, analysts expected the company to earn 17 cents a share for the quarter, but Oracle said its income would be flat with year-ago totals. The company earned 16 cents in the same period last year. Analysts are expecting revenue to total $3.4 billion.
Also on the earnings calendar for Monday is electronics manufacturing services company Solectron (SLR). Twenty-six analysts polled by Thomson Financial/First Call are expecting the company to earn 13 cents a share for the period.
But that's a lowered estimate. Solectron said in March that it expects sales of $4.1 billion to $4.5 billion in the third quarter, with earnings of 12 cents to 16 cents a share, excluding amortization and other intangible items. The consensus estimate at the time was 31 cents.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV