On Tap Today: Latest Producer Price Index and Initial Jobless Claims
The market will have a handful of economic and earnings reports to help give it some direction today.
The latest reading of the
Investors have been watching jobless claims closely to track the health of the labor market. Even though the unemployment rate dipped last month, it has generally been moving higher.
Adobe Systems (ADBE) and Heinz (HNZ) will report earnings today. Analysts polled by earnings tracker Thomson Financial/First Call expect the software company to earn 29 cents a share, excluding goodwill. It made 26 cents a share in the year-ago period.Food products company Heinz is expected to make 53 cents a share, below last year's 63 cents.
Economic Data( Forecasts are from Reuters . Times are Eastern. For a longer-term economic calendar and more, see TSC's
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV