On Tap Today: The Purchasing Managers' Non-Manufacturing Index
The lone economic release for today is the Purchasing Managers' Non-Manufacturing Index , which has very little impact on the market due to its short lifespan. (The earliest data go back only to July 1997.)
On the earnings front, Comverse Technology (CMVT), a maker of telecommunications software, is scheduled to release its quarterly profit results today. According to research firm Thomson Financial/First Call the Woodbury, New York-based company is expected to post first-quarter earnings of 42 cents a share, up from 33 cents a share in the year-ago quarter. Ahead of earnings, the company said it was slashing 6% of its workforce due to the current economic climate. As a result, it said it would take a restructuring charge of about $9 million.
Shares closed up $2, or 3.5%, to $59.59 on Friday.
(Forecasts are from Reuters. Times are Eastern. For a longer-term economic calendar and more, see TSC's Economic Databank.)
- 10 a.m.: Purchasing Managers' Non-Manufacturing Index for May. Source:
National Association of Purchasing Managers. Forecast: n.a. Previous: 47.1.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV