GE Says Business Cycle Can't Beat Down Diverse Operations
General Electric (GE) expects to report earnings "solidly above $1.45" a share for 2001, saying that its diverse business lines have allowed the company to weather the economic slowdown.
"The strength of the GE model really shines during slower parts of the business cycle -- our global diversity, service growth, quality efforts and digitization transformation have reduced GE's sensitivity to business cycles," the company said in a press release.
Shares of GE, a component of the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV