priceline.com Puts Braddock Back in CEO Chair
priceline.com (PCLN) named Chairman Richard S. Braddock chief executive, allowing him to reclaim the post he previously held from July 1998 to May 2000.
Braddock's appointment is effective immediately. He replaces Daniel H. Schulman, priceline.com's prior president and CEO. The company also named Chief Operating Officer Jeffery H. Boyd to fill the position of president.
The company, which is best known for operating a Web site that allows users to bid for surplus airline tickets, rental cars and hotel rooms, said Braddock will continue to serve as chairman of the board. Boyd has served as priceline's chief operating officer since October.In a press release, the company said "the board concluded, based on the company's future objectives and the significant progress it already has made in its turnaround plan and drive to profitability, that this management realignment was in the best interests of priceline.com and its shareholders." Last week,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV