Excite@Home to Cut 13% of Staff
Internet service provider Excite@Home (ATHM) disclosed plans to eliminate 380 workers, or about 13% of its staff, as the cooling economy continues to trouble companies both great and small.
A spokeswoman said the company will cut jobs across every division, with the media segment being the hardest hit. The workers who are losing their jobs will be notified today and tomorrow.
Last week, Excite@Home Chairman and CEO George Bell said he was
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV