Alltel Meets Earnings Estimates
Alltel (AT) met analysts' first-quarter earnings expectations, but the company forecast that second-quarter income could come in at the lower range of Wall Street's estimates.
Revenue for the quarter ended March 31 rose to $1.80 billion from $1.64 billion a year ago.
In its conference call this morning, the company projected second-quarter earnings of 69 cents to 73 cents a share, compared with 73 cents in the year-ago period. For 2001, the company expects earnings of $2.85 to $3, compared with $2.72 in 2000. Analysts on average forecast second-quarter earnings of 73 cents a share and 2001 earnings of $2.88 a share.Shares of Alltel lately gained $2.51, or 5%, to $53.17 in trading on the New York Stock Exchange.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV