Ford Tops Estimates, but Income Falls From a Year Ago
Ford (F) said it earned 60 cents a share in the first quarter, excluding items, six cents a share better than analysts surveyed by Thomson Financial/First Call expected.
Ford Credit earned $406 million in the first quarter, compared with $353 million a year ago.
Yesterday, General Motors (GM) surpassed analysts' estimates for revenue and earnings growth in the first quarter, largely due to better-than-expected results from its financing arm, General Motors Acceptance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV