Yahoo! Removing Adult Products
Yahoo! (YHOO) said Friday that it was removing adult-oriented products from its shopping, auctions and classified sections.
The products include videos and DVDs. In addition, the portal said it won't sign new contracts for adult-oriented banner ads on its network.
The changes follow a Los Angeles Times story earlier this week that pointed out that the products could be found on Yahoo!.
"At Yahoo!, we value the strong relationships we have with our members and have consistently listened to them," Jeff Mallett, Yahoo!'s president and chief operating officer, said in a statement. "While Yahoo! has offered controlled access to adult products available via the Internet since launching our commerce services more than two years ago, many of our users voiced concerns this week about some of the products sold by merchants on Yahoo! Shopping. We heard them and swiftly responded. We consistently strive to act responsibly and constantly evaluate our policies based on what our users tell us."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV