Universal to Acquire EMusic.com for $24 Million
Universal Music Group agreed to acquire digital music service provider EMusic.com (EMUS) in a cash deal valued at about $24 million.
Universal, a unit of Vivendi (V), offered 57 cents for each share of EMusic.com. Shares of EMusic rose 12 cents to 54 cents on the news. The 52-week high is $5.18, while the low for the last year is 15 cents.
The American depositary shares of Vivendi rose $1.25, or 2.1%, to $61.45 in recent New York Stock Exchange trading.In addition to having a subscription service that allows users to download music from the Internet, EMusic.com operates music-oriented Web sites RollingStone.com and DownBeat.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV