Critical Path Restates Third Quarter, Fourth Quarter Downward
Critical Path (CPTH) restated its reported earnings and revenue for the third and fourth quarters, citing a change in the accounting for software licensing transactions and other revenue recognition issues.
The troubled Internet messaging services company revised its third-quarter revenue downward to $35.3 million. Critical Path had previously reported revenue of $45 million for the quarter. The company also more than doubled its losses, revising the bottom line to a loss of $18.6 million, or 30 cents a share, excluding charges. Critical Path originally reported a loss of $8.7 million, or 14 cents a share.
The fourth-quarter figures also underwent major revisions as the new revenue total fell $9.7 million short of the previous report. The new revenue figure is $42.3 million, down from the top line of $52 million the company originally posted. The revised loss came to $23.3 million, or 33 cents a share. Critical Path had reported a loss of $11.5 million, or 16 cents a share.Shares of Critical Path, which is based in San Francisco, lost 25 cents, or 16%, to $1.31 in recent Nasdaq trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV