Luxottica Bid for Sunglass Hut Clears Antitrust Review
The Italian eyeglasses company disclosed plans in February to buy the sunglasses retailer for $462 million. The companies had to wait until the waiting period mandated by the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act expired, which it did on Monday.
Luxottica is offering $11.50 a share in cash for each share of Sunglass Hut, which is based in Coral Gables, Fla. Luxottica's tender offer for Sunglass Hut's shares is set to expire March 30.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV