American Home Products Names Essner CEO, Stafford to Remain Chairman
American Home Products (AHP) today named Robert A. Essner as the company's next chief executive, an appointment that will be effective May 1.
Essner, who came to American Home Products in 1989, is currently the company's president, chief operating officer and a member of the board of directors. He replaces John R. Stafford, who will continue to serve as chairman.
Essner, 53 years old, will remain the pharmaceutical company's president and will keep his position on the board.Shares of American Home Products, which is based in Madison, N.J., fell $1.89, or 3.1%, to $60.01 in recent New York Stock Exchange trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV