StarMedia Misses Expectations by a Penny
StarMedia Network (STRM), Internet media company targeting Spanish and Portuguese speakers, reported a fourth-quarter loss today that missed Wall Street's slightly lowered estimates by a penny.
For the fourth quarter ended Dec. 31, StarMedia lost $33 million, or 49 cents a share, excluding noncash charges. The company lost $27.8 million, or 44 cents a share, in the year-ago period. Nine analysts surveyed by First Call/Thomson Financial expected the company, which is based in New York, to lose 48 cents a share.StarMedia's fourth-quarter revenue more than doubled to $20.1 million from $9 million in the same quarter one year ago. During the month of December, StarMedia had 27.4 million unique users. The company recorded 3.9 billion page views in the fourth quarter, up 20% from the latest third quarter and more than double the same quarter last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV