Wal-Mart Tops Quarterly Forecasts; Same-Store Sales Rise 3.1%
Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) posted fourth-quarter earnings that beat analysts' lowered expectations by a penny, thanks to a 3.1% rise in same-store sales for the quarter.
The Bentonville, Ark., retailer said fourth-quarter earnings were $2 billion, or 45 cents a share, compared with $1.9 billion, or 43 cents a share, in the same period last year. According to a poll by First Call/Thomson Financial, 22 analysts expected fourth-quarter earnings of 44 cents a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV