Boise Cascade to Close Two Idaho Facilities, Cutting 375 Jobs
Boise Cascade (BCC) will permanently close its plywood and lumber facility in Emmett, Idaho, and its sawmill in Cascade, Idaho, by the middle of the year because of a decline in federal timber sales.
Roughly 375 jobs, including 275 at the Emmett facility, 80 at the Cascade sawmill and 20 additional forestry and administrative positions, will be eliminated. Boise Cascade's beam facility in Emmett and its RiverBend remanufacturing plant in Horseshoe Bend will continue to operate.
Boise Cascade, an office goods and paper products company, will continue to have more than 1,300 employees in the state of Idaho. The company has about 25,000 workers overall.Last week, International Paper (IP) said it would
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV