This article originally appeared on RealMoney.com on Sept. 5, 2014 at 5:30 a.m. To read more content like this AND see inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar portfolio for FREE... Click Here NOW.
Asian stock markets closed lower despite unprecedented monetary easing measures by the ECB, while European shares were mixed. Investors wait for the US non-farm payrolls data to confirm the strength of the U.S. economy.
Here are five things that matter for markets now:
- Ukrainian forces shelled pro-Russian rebels near the eastern port city of Mariupol just hours before a possible ceasefire is agreed. Representatives from Russia, Ukraine, the rebels and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) are due to meet in the capital of Belarus, Minsk, later in the day to hold peace talks.
- Allies of the U.S. including the U.K. and France have agreed to form a coalition to fight Islamic State militants in the Middle East.
- Apple (AAPL) will add security for iCloud users, CEO Tim Cook told the Wall Street Journal. But he said none of the user IDs and passwords that had been stolen were leaked from the company's servers.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings and Dave Peltier's Stocks Under $10 has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. See them FREE today... Click Here NOW.
- China is easing credit rules to allow certain property developers to get finance in the interbank market, where they can get cheaper loans than if they borrow money from the banks, the Wall Street Journal reports. Meanwhile, data from Dealogic quoted by the FTshows that Chinese developers have been borrowing record amounts from global investors this year.
- Economic growth was flat in the eurozone in the second quarter, with investment falling, the second reading of the data released this morning showed. On the plus side, household consumption increased in the period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV