NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Finisar Corp. (FNSR) are lower by -5.28% to $17.40 in pre-market trading on Friday, after the company reported a decline in fiscal 2015 first quarter net income to $14.2 million, or 14 cents per diluted share, compared to $26 million, or 26 cents per diluted share for the fiscal 2014 first quarter.
The company, which provides optical subsystems and components that are used in data communication and telecommunications applications, said adjusted earnings for the most recent quarter was 32 cents per share, which matched the EPS forecast by analysts polled by Thomson Reuters.
Revenue for the most recent quarter grew to $327.6 million, from $266 million for the year ago quarter.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
FNSR data by YCharts
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV